2020 GALA MOVING TO JUNE 13TH
The Annual SCV Pregnancy Center Banquet, will be held on June 13 at the Valencia Hyatt in the Grand Ballroom. Each year this event brings hundreds of guests together to hear about the work of the Center and the impact it has in the community. This event is by Reservation Only.
Want to be a TABLE HOST and bring new people to the Event? There’s no cost to you or your guests to attend. To find out about becoming a Table Host or being an Invited Guest at this year's Event, please contact us: (661) 255-0084 or Events@scvpc.org
Bob Reccord has been blessed to travel the world speaking. He has been a keynote speaker for Promise Keepers in their heyday, speaks yearly across the nation on issues such as leadership, maximizing life, and finding biblical hope and practical help from the Bible for life issues which trip up so many people. Bob has spoken to almost 285,000 men since 2006. His passion is to help everyone discover that God desires to have a personal relationship with Him, and a purposeful mission alongside Him in their world—to make a real difference right where they are!
With his passion for the sanctity of life, Bob has spoken across the nation on behalf of Pregnancy Resource Centers, drawing hearts toward greater compassion and biblical understanding of what it is to be truly Pro-Life.
Today, Bob serves as the Founder and Chairman of Total Life Impact Ministries. The focus of the ministry is to challenge people to Make Life Count in every area of living and to celebrate the journey.
- Bob previously served as the Executive Director for the Counsel for National Policy in Washington D.C., a highly respected nationwide organization working with high influence conservative leaders to lead our country back to its founding principles.
- In 1997 Bob became the first and founding president of the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, leading it for nine years. During his leadership, the NAMB grew to field over 5,200 missionaries across North America, and over 2,400 chaplains.
- While there, he also oversaw the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief ministry through its responses to both 9/11 and Hurricanes Katrina, Wilma and Rita. It is one of the largest disaster relief entities in North America.
- Bob led the Southern Baptist Convention through a massive implementation of restructuring for the 21st century.
- If that were not enough, Bob has also served as a pastor in North Carolina, Florida and Virginia.
- Earlier in his career he led U.S. equipping strategies for Evangelism Explosion International.
- Dr. Reccord is a published author of ten books including among them Made to Count, Beneath the Surface, Launching Your kids for Life with his wife Cheryl, and a book on character and purity for young men, co-written with New York Yankees’ and Houston Astros’ star pitcher Andy Pettitte titled Strike Zone: Targeting A Life Of Integrity & Purity.
- An avid sportsman, Bob serves as a regular contributing author for The Christian Sportsman magazine, and is designated as a Master Sportsman by Christian Sportsman’s Fellowship.
Yet of all his accomplishments, most important is his role as a husband to Cheryl, and a father to his now adult children, Christy, Bryan, and Ashley. He also has seven grandchildren that are his joy!